Thursday, September 14, 2006

Anders Sodergren

The skiers out there will recognize who Anders is. He is currently one of the top Swedish xc skiers, and my advisor Jan Sjöstrom is a big fan of his. Jan just showed me Anders' website:
www.teamsodergren.se In particular, Anders is blogging about the training his coach Thomas Alsgaard is putting him through. He calls it his Hell Week, and it consists of 30 hours of training in 6 days, including 3 sessions of significant intervals.

I think the biggest week I ever did was around 24 hours, and I was an overtrained basket case after that. Doing a 30 hour week and actually being able to continue functioning requires an amazing base of training. I went for a 2 hour run the other day and felt like I had put in a good days work. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home