Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why Sweden Rocks Part III

I was out rollerskiing yesterday. There are miles and miles of paved bikepaths and in two hours I did not use the same path twice. That alone was excellent, but not the reason why Sweden Rocks. At about the halfway point of my rollerski, I approached an elderly lady carrying a grocery bag in each hand. She was walking towards me and when she saw me, she put down the two bags and started clapping and cheering.

I defy you - find ANY place in Canada where that would happen. Maybe Canmore? Perhaps Thunder Bay with their big Finnish community (on second thought, those Finns are probably too stoic to show such enthusiasm).

Anyhow, the point is that once again, Sweden Rocks.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that the lady was actually making fun of you?

Congratulations Canada - you can ski!

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which would explain the pointing and laughing which accompanied the clapping. I feel so naieve, my innocence is lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home