Sunday, October 15, 2006

Swedish drinking songs

I have been to a couple parties where folks got real excited over drinking songs. I noticed the same one came up a couple of times to great hilarity, so I asked a friend for a translation. He just e-mailed it to me, and I had to share it. Because it is retarded. Skål!

Hell and gore
Chung hop father Allen Allan lay
Hell and gore
Chung hop father Allan lay

Oh handsome inter hell an tar
Hand hell inter half an four
Hell and gore !
(at this point you chug whatever you are holding)
Chung hop father Allen lay


What the hell is that all about? At least English and French drinking songs make some kind of sense.

Very bizarre. Proof again that Swedes can't hold their liquor.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff!

A hello from Cochrane, ON. I got your blogg from Nevin F. Fun reading! Even more fun when I read about your experience with the Swedish "snaps sånger". I just want to make you aware of that your friend didnt give you the translation of the song. Instead he gave you the version where the most similar words are picked in english, pronunciation vise.

I hope you enjoy your time in Sweden. Me and Mia (She is 5 months now) will go to Sweden the whole months of December. Wil will come 10 days over Christmas.

Take care!

-Katarina Smith

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Hi Katarina

Good job at NAOC's! I am glad you like my blog. Leave your e-mail address next time. Drop me a line when you get to Sweden, I will probably stay in Europe for Christmas and will be travelling a bit, so if you are here we should train together. Although this time you will not be pregnant when I follow you, so I don't know if I will be able to keep up!

My e-mail: jeff.k.lewis@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home