Monday, April 30, 2007

The Ten Mile

I just wrote a lengthy article to post here, which just got eaten by the Blogger software. So, since I am rather upset about this turn of events, you will have to get by with some photos.
Here is a video I took shortly after the start of the race at 23h00.

I ran the final, longest leg of the race, against guys like Holger Hott Johansen and Thierry Gueorgiou, both of whom are multiple world champions. I have them worried now, as they ponder who this unknown Canadian is that almost doubled their run time. (they ran the 16.8 km in 1:30 ish and I ran it in 2:45 ish). No seriously, they are scared. I can tell.

Start-finish area, which is normally the Eskilstuna speedway (car racing)

"Welcome to Tiomila" You know, in Swedish

The inside of our team tent at about 2 am


Riding the biggest darned Dalarna horse ever. Taken in a hotel after I ran 16.8 km. That is my excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home