Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Denmark

I am off to the first orienteering races of the season in Denmark this morning.

Unlike Norway, I cannot say that Denmark has been a country I have been itching to see. I am happy to add it to my list of visited nations because it is Scandinavian, but in my mind, Denmark has always been the poor second cousin of her her northern neighbours because 1) it is small and 2) it has no snow. Somehow, a Scandinavian country without snow just seems very wrong. And I need not mention that Denmark has no skiers worthy of any note, a serious black mark on any country in my books.

OK, OK, I know that Denmark has a proud history and that it was actually the seat of the kingdom over all Scandinavia at one point. Plus I have heard they have excellent orienteering, which is a plus. I will reserve my final opinion on the matter until I have actually been there.

I get back Sunday evening, photos to follow.

Happy Easter, everybody!

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on Jeff. Maybe no skiers, but they've produced some excellent cyclists. Not to mention vikings and liberal attitudes towards female nudity. My last visit to Copenhagen saw me leave the train station, into the crowded city marketplace, only to be confronted by two six-foot blonde ladies wearing not a stitch of clothing between the two of them, apparently advertising for some manner of adult entertainment establishment. What's not to like about Denmark?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

OK, OK, Bjarne Riis counts for points. Anyone who wins the Tour gets serious respect.

I am here in early April, so a bit cool for full frontal nudity, sadly. I know exactly where you saw them though, I went through that square yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home