Saturday, March 31, 2007

Wedding

No, not mine.

Today my friend Jörgen is getting hitched. This is extremely unusual in Sweden, so all the old folks are all excited. Jörgen and Eva are getting married outside and happily it looks like a rather nice day. Overcast, but warm and not too windy. This presents a bit of a dress issue, however. We will be outside for quite a while, in a park beside the Baltic. It will probably be quite muddy. So although a suit is in order, what to do for footwear? I am kind of leaning towards my hiking boots. Jörgen will appreciate that, I think. He is about the outdoorsiest guy I know. Kind of like a Swedish Paul Bunyan.

I will get some photos to post later on. I don't know how long this will go - the reception could go on for quite a while.

One interesting thing about this wedding is that instead of gifts, Jörgen and Eva have asked their guests to contribute to the cost of the reception. This seems quite intelligent. They are both adults, and have their household established (they have lived together for a few years) so they don't need 5 more toasters. However, having a nice party for their wedding could be quite expensive so a contribution from the guests in lieu of a gift makes sense.

OK, I have to go for a run before I get dressed. Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home