Monday, March 05, 2007

Vasaloppet - in statistics

Number of registered Vasaloppet participants: 15 735
Number of Vasaloppet finishers: 13 082
Winning time: 4:43:40
Time between men's winner and women's winner: 4 minutes 43 seconds
How much slower than average winning time was: 45 minutes
My time: 5:32:09
My time after winner: 48:29
My time as % of winner's time: 85.4%
My placing: 1052
Placing as % of total competitors: 6.7%
Number of Canadians who beat me: 2
Number of women who beat me: 16
Number of guys with one leg who beat me: 1
Temperature at start of race: -2 C
Temperature at finish: +1 C
Number of times I rewaxed in first 45 km: 4
Point in the race I gave up on rewaxing: 45 km
Time lost rewaxing: lots
Amount I hate classic waxing: lots
Total distance of race: 90 km
Number of kilometers I double poled: 90
Number of kilometers I had amazing grip: 0
Distance at which my back muscles failed: 70 km
Number of places I lost in last 20 km: 225
Number of calories I consumed during race (approx.): 4000
Number of times I barfed: 1

Full story to appear shortly. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Rob MacEwen said...

Good job man! I checked your site only 5 minutes ago and was gonna ask you what happened at about 70k.



http://www.resultat.vasaloppet.se/vasaresult/do/en/result/search

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Rob MacEwen said...

Wait a sec! You just removed some stats! We want more stats, not less!

Oh, and did you stop for any pretty pictures? Perhaps if you find any flickr photos or something of the race you could link em.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jeff Go!! Content de savoir que tu trippes comme un fou!!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my stats from 2002 Birkebeiner: Number of competitors in mens 80-84 age group who beat me: 1
I don't know what's worse, a guy with one leg or an octogenerian?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home