Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Orienteering in Venice

Hi everyone! Sorry for not mentioning this earlier: I went to Venice to race one of the most original and famous orienteering races in the world: the annual race through the streets of Venice.

I will put up some scans of the race map when I get home (still in Arlanda airport, waiting to get back to UmeƄ... I am not going to descend into bitterness in this blog), but for now, let me say it was amazing. Almost worth Ryanair's fiendishness. No, it was definitely worth Ryanair's fiendishness. It was awesome.

Venice rocks, let me say that right off the bat. What a cool unique place. I will definitely return, and if I ever get the chance to do the Venice orienteering race again, I will jump at it. I have a ton of photos that I will put up tomorrow.

Incidentally, in the spirit of taking lemons and making lemonade, I did see some great stuff in Rome last night. Trevi fountain is incredible.

More to come tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home