Thursday, October 05, 2006

This weekend

I am heading down to Stockholm this weekend to participate in a 25-man orienteering relay (assuming the mushrooms haven't killed me in my sleep). Blogging will probably be on hold until Monday. We leave by bus tomorrow at noon.

However, Monday I should have some good stories because my club has (for reasons that are beyond me), decided to put me last of the 25 people on my team. In other words, I am running the anchor leg which is also apparently the longest leg. My abysmal performances in training seem to be having no effect, they still insist on thinking I am reasonably good at this stuff.

The girl who hands off to me just placed 12th at the Swedish national championships in the middle distance event. This probably makes her one of the best 100 or so orienteers in the world. The guy running the first leg on my team had a top 10 performance at Jukola this year, which is one of the biggest orienteering events on the planet.

No pressure.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hejj Ya! or however that's spelt!

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff!

Did you notice that our club Kalevan Rasti from Joensuu won the race :O)

Best Regards, IP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home