Friday, January 12, 2007

Meds

I am rather resistant to taking medicine of any kind, partly because I subscribe to the school of thought that "anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and partly because I think pain and misery develops character.

However, I finally caved and started taking melatonin this week in order to sleep. I haven't had a decent night of sleep since I got back to Sweden, and my colleagues at work finally got fed up with my dopey, sleep deprived "uh - what were we talking about?" behaviour. So I got some melatonin and I have to say the results are quite satisfying. After only two days, I am back to an almost normal sleep schedule, and that feels rather nice. Those of you out there who know me well know how much I appreciate sleep, so the past two weeks have not been very fun.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alternatively (another tried and true method) would have been to take about 6 caffeine pills a few hours before bed time. By the time you came down off the high, you'd be sleeping like a baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home