Saturday, January 06, 2007

Messed up sleep

Yeah, I can see this is going to take a bit longer than I thought.

I woke up at 2 am after 4 hours of sleep, fully alert and ready to get on with my day. Since then, I have been in bed, staring at my cieling and hoping I would drift off again. No luck.

Yesterday I woke up at noon after 14 hours of sleep.

My body just doesn't know what is going on. What with the jetlag and lack of light, there is no way for it to re-calibrate. I don't have any symptoms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) but I am thinking of spending some time in the light room at the hospital, just to try to get my body back in whack. This is just weird.

Even weirder, is that athleticly (athletically?) I feel awesome. When I am skiing, I feel extremely strong. I beat some of the local hotshots during double pole interval training at Nydala the other night. I just don't build up lactic acid at all right now. Yesterday I classic-skied 54 km in 3 hours, all at a HR under 140 beats per minute - a comfortable zone 1 for me.

I am a bit worried I am in some kind of unintended, unplanned-for peak. Which would suck, seeing how the Vasaloppet is 2 months away. Peaking is hard to do, and getting 2 in one season is something I have never accomplished.

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one explanation: Aliens. Consult with Ty for what to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home